Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I IDENTIFIED THIS PANAMA "MONSTER"

I was looking around youtube the other night and found these odd pictures of a "monster" allegedly killed by some young boys in Panama.





So I stared at these for a while wondering what the hell it could be, if even real, and suddenly it hit me....
IT'S A SLOTH!!! Yes, a sloth. Don't know if it is two or three-toed, but in the top picture you can clearly see one of its large claws and the face is clearly a sloth face - look it up. As for why this poor thing is hairless, who knows, maybe it is from decomposition (it has that wet pasty look of a newly rotting body), or maybe a genetic defect (adding to its demise - rather than being killed by kids). Point is, this is not a monster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was already dead when the kids found it. I have had many dead rats wash up in the canal in my back yard. I poked at one once and notices that the layer/s of skin that the hair was growing from was just falling off. They have all been slimy and swollen from their bodies intake of water. Very similar to the sloth above... idk, just a thought :)