Monday, March 28, 2011

Gordon Lightfoot - Sit Down Young Stranger - 1970


A nice early album from the Canadian legend that I picked up at a local charity shop. This album, from 1970, spawned the hit "If You Could Read My Mind" and the album would, in fact, be later re-issued under that title. Gordon Lightfoot was born in Orillia, Canada and I remember when I was young I would often pass through Orillia while travelling between Toronto and the Muskoka region of Ontario. The sign welcoming people to the town stated "home of Gordon Lightfoot", though he hadn't lived there in a long time, and I thought it was a real swizz, one of my first realisations of false advertising. Coincidentally, years later when I was living over-seas, my resume declared that I had gone to college in Orillia. I don't think there is a college in Orillia. Ha.
Here

No comments: