Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Michael G Waite and Eyes - Canada - 1982



I bought this album expecting it to be something akin to Terry Brooks & Strange or Yahowa, what with the strange 60s warlock looking Mr. Waite on the covers, not to mention a list of guest musicians including Kim Mitchell and Nash The Slash. However, the music has a strong new-waveish sound in many places that really shapes the album as a whole. If someone else had told me that before I bought the album, I might have thought twice about buying it. However, I find this to be a very good album that I have listened to many times.
The original Canadian issue was released as a limited edition on slightly marbled light pink vinyl. The American issue of the same year was on black vinyl and omitted the middle name "Gregtheodeg" on cover and label. As well, there is a noticeable tone difference to the covers. Pictures are from the Canadian issue.
 
Here

No comments: